What is two-factor authentication?
Two-factor authentication - also known as '2FA' - is a way to increase the security of your account by adding a second layer to the login process. Once you've installed it, you will be asked to enter a security code right after you've entered your username and password. This code is requested any time you try to log in from the web-browser and it is requested once when you add a new account to our app.
Why does it matter?
🔐 Your investments will be a lot more secure
🔗It reduces the risk of data theft
👩💻 Less chance of being hacked even if your passwords are compromised.
How can I install it?
Here's how you can install 2FA for your account. It shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes.
- Log in to your account on your computer.
- Hover your cursor over the profile icon in the bottom-left corner and select 'Personal Settings'.
- Next, under 'Security', click on the button that says 'Enable'.
- Install a two-factor authentication app such as Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, or any other app like it, and press 'Continue'.
- In the 2FA app, add a new account and scan the QR code shown on screen.
- Enter the 6-digit code shown in your 2FA app and press enter or the 'Continue' button.
That's it, you have now installed an extra layer of security to your account!