The costs you pay when trading can have a significant impact on your returns. Although DEGIRO offers exceptionally low rates, it is still important to be aware of all costs you can incur while investing. To facilitate this, we offer you the cost calculator below.
1. The rate for the DEGIRO Trackers and Investment Funds Core selection is based on a Fair Use Policy. For more information see here.
2. Financing cost charged at overnight market rate. Rates can be found on the Fee Schedule. In this example, the following rates are used: EUR=1.25%, USD=1.24%, GBP=1.72%.
3. Stamp Duty is charged on specific transactions which are designated as taxable. This charge applies for certain exchanges and products and is not a charge from DEGIRO. When calculating stamp duty, we assume the client alternates between buy and sell orders. Stamp Duty exempt segments (such as the LSE AIM or ISE ESM markets) are not considered in these estimates.
4. The bid-ask spread costs arise from the difference in which a product can be bought and sold. To estimate these costs we have made a selection within the different product types based on certain criteria. Using this selection and recording spreads at different times, we have arrived at this average value. These are implicit costs not charges from DEGIRO. These costs are not deducted from your account as such.
5. Product costs are not paid to DEGIRO but to the provider of the products and are included in the price. To estimate the costs of the ETF provider, we use a total expense ratio (TER) of 0.28%. For Investment Funds, we use a 0.97% average expense ratio. For Leveraged Products, you pay financing costs to the publisher, including interest and a premium. For these costs we have used financing costs of 2% and a leverage of 10.
6. Please note that the chosen return prospects are fictitious. If you select Negative, a 0% return is calculated. Normal is based on the average long-term return of 7% per year. A Positive Outlook takes into account a return of 10%. Of course, the actual value development may deviate from this.
**Excluding stock exchange costs (CBOE/CME), (non-clearingmember. For using this market, a connectivity fee of €5 per calendar month will be charged. Using the market means both doing the transaction and maintaining a position (regardless of the number of contracts).
Terms and conditions for the €50 transaction fees offer
If you activate your DEGIRO investment account before the 31st of January 2022, DEGIRO will reimburse your transaction fees up to €50. The following conditions apply to this offer:
Acceptance of offer conditions
By participating in the offer, the client automatically accepts the offer conditions and terms. DEGIRO may terminate the campaign prematurely or change the campaign conditions. DEGIRO will communicate any changes via the website.
Participation in the offer is open to all clients who have activated an account at DEGIRO before the 31st of January 2022.