The costs you pay when trading can have a significant impact on your returns. Although DEGIRO offers exceptionally low rates, it is still important to be aware of all costs you can incur while investing. To facilitate this, we offer you the cost calculator below.
*For investments in foreign currencies, the calculator takes AutoFX into consideration for currency conversion. AutoFX is the standard option we offer (this is the common-used industry standard) for automatic conversion of cash related to trades and/or bookings in foreign currency-denominated products. We also offer the option to hold cash positions in a foreign currency account, for example, a US dollar account, using Manual currency conversion. The fee for Manual currency conversion is €10.00 + 0.25%. This can be interesting in the case of frequent trading and relatively large cash transfers, buying and selling using the transferred cash. But keep in mind that using Manual currency conversion also exposes your foreign currency positions to exchange rate risk, involving the risk of loss.
For an overview of all investment opportunities and corresponding costs see our Fee Schedule or Custody Fee Schedule.
1. The rate for the DEGIRO Trackers and Investment Funds Core selection is based on a Fair Use Policy. For more information see here.
2. Financing cost charged at overnight market rate. Rates can be found on the Fee Schedule. In this example, the following rates are used: EUR=1.25%, USD=1.24%, GBP=1.72%.
3. Stamp Duty is charged on specific transactions which are designated as taxable. This charge applies for certain exchanges and products and is not a charge from DEGIRO. When calculating stamp duty, we assume the client alternates between buy and sell orders. Stamp Duty exempt segments (such as the LSE AIM or ISE ESM markets) are not considered in these estimates.
4. The bid-ask spread costs arise from the difference in which a product can be bought and sold. To estimate these costs we have made a selection within the different product types based on certain criteria. Using this selection and recording spreads at different times, we have arrived at this average value. These are implicit costs not charges from DEGIRO. These costs are not deducted from your account as such.
5. Product costs are not paid to DEGIRO but to the provider of the products and are included in the price. To estimate the costs of the ETF provider, we use a total expense ratio (TER) of 0.28%. For Investment Funds, we use a 0.97% average expense ratio. For Leveraged Products, you pay financing costs to the publisher, including interest and a premium. For these costs we have used financing costs of 2% and a leverage of 10.
6. Please note that the chosen return prospects are fictitious. If you select Negative, a 0% return is calculated. Normal is based on the average long-term return of 7% per year. A Positive Outlook takes into account a return of 10%. Of course, the actual value development may deviate from this.
**Excluding stock exchange costs (CBOE/CME), (non-clearingmember. For using this market, a connectivity fee of €5 per calendar month will be charged. Using the market means both doing the transaction and maintaining a position (regardless of the number of contracts).
Investing involves risks. You can lose (a part of) your invested funds. We advise you to only invest in financial products which match your knowledge and experience. This is not investment advice.
We want to empower people to become the best investors they can be. By offering a universe of possibilities and choices on our user-friendly platform, we are removing barriers to make investing accessible to everyone: beginners or experts. You get access to a wide variety of products on more than 50 global exchanges to have the freedom to invest the way you like. In our world, you also get great value for money. So, without compromising an inch on the quality, security and range of our investment services, we offer incredibly low fees. Prioritising your needs has helped us become the leading European online broker. Our 2.5+ million clients and 90+ international awards are proof of our success.
Terms and conditions for the €100 transaction fees offer
If you activate your DEGIRO investment account before the 1st of July 2023, DEGIRO will reimburse your transaction fees up to €100. The following conditions apply to this offer:
Acceptance of offer conditions
By participating in the offer, the client automatically accepts the offer conditions and terms. DEGIRO may terminate the campaign prematurely or change the campaign conditions. DEGIRO will communicate any changes via the website.
Participation in the offer is open to all clients who have activated an account at DEGIRO on or before the 30th of June 2023.